Tarala was not only engaged the entire cooking process, but she had fun and learned about cooking, cleaning, and healthy eating. Plus her helping me entertained her as we fixed dinner.
- "Fried" brown rice with edamame, onion, carrots, mushrooms, and egg
- Marinated tofu
- Sauteed sesame broccoli
We don't have tofu very often in my house because it usually leaves me hungry and unsatisfied, but tonightwas a different story. I finally took the time to prepare it right and it was worth it. I gave it the same love and devotion I would meat by marinating it and prepping it correctly. First I pressed the extra firm tofu inbetween two cast iron skillets to get rid of excess water. Then I soaked it in this delicious marinade which later doubled as the sauce for the fried rice.
Here's how my little helper assisted:
- Measured and poured rice and water, added the lid to the pot
- Got the carrots out of the bag and discarded the peels
- Washed the broccoli, threw the stalks away and placed the trees in the bowl
- Wiped the dirt off the mushrooms
- Measured and stirred the marinade
- Put the tofu in the marinade
- Put the leftover vegetables back in the fridge
- Poured the rice into the stir fry pan